A well supported (despite it being a Tuesday) Sausage Sizzle held at Bunnings on 7 August.
A successful Library Trivia Evening was held at the Bowls Club on Friday 20 July to raise funds for the Library.
Both the Winter and Summer Book Sales and Mini Markets were a resounding success.
The Summer booksale saw the inclusion of storytelling at the children’s book stall, as well as the launch of the local cook book, LOVE COOKING, which is a book created by the volunteers of Mapleton Community Library.
- ‘Lovers of Books‘ 14 February 5:30pm Wednesday.
- Liqueurs by Lamplight: Sip liqueurs on the verandah with John and Mary King of Rainforest Liqueurs. A very successful evening with lots of taste testing!
- Winter Book Sale: Following a cold morning start, our winter book sale was a great success with many visitors taking away bags and bags of books. Happy reading! Thank you everyone for your continued support.
- Trivia with a Twist: We are getting a great reputation for running our black Friday Trivia nights, and this one was no exception. We added a special twist to the normal trivia night which added lots of fun and conversation! See you at the next one!
- Valentine’s Day Lovers of Books Successful Event: Thank you to all those who came along to our ‘Lovers of Books’ evening on the deck on Sunday 14th February. About sixty people enjoyed a social moonlit evening of author talks and delicious refreshments. We look forward to planning next year’s event.
- Sizzling Sausages at Bunnings Hardware, Maroochydore: A most successful fund raiser was held at the end of January, raising over $1,900. Thank you to the volunteers who organised the barbecue and worked hard to feed the hungry customers.
- Fund Raising Blackall Range Colouring Book ‘Range of Colours’ colouring book Blackall Range Visual Artists group and other local artists have produced a Colouring Book to raise funds for community organisations including the Library. Original sketches include a wide ranging selection of flora and fauna to scenes from a rodeo, guaranteed to please all the family. Support your library for just $12 each. Postcards to colour are also available for just 50 cents each.
- Both Winter and Summer Book Sale and Mini Market – very successful – Thank you everyone
- Multi Draw Christmas Raffle Thanks to all who supported our Christmas raffle. This the largest amount ever raised in a library raffle, $700!
- Mapleton Memories Thank you to everybody who came to our local history evening in September and to all those volunteers who organised a most successful evening. Many display items are available to borrow. Read the talks on our Mapleton Memories pages.
- Volunteer Morning Tea On Tuesday November 10 twenty-or-so volunteers enjoyed a morning tea at Secrets on the Lake at Montville. It was a good opportunity for newer volunteers to meet others and for all to spend a relaxing time socialising and getting to know one another better.
- Art Exhibition Space Lynne Begbie is the local pastel artist who booked our space in September-October. Thank you to Barbara Willcocks, for her display in August, which included beautiful felted scarves.
- ‘Preparing for Prep’ free workshops The 2015 workshops were well supported. The Library was the venue, working together with Mapleton State School, The Range Community Kindergarten, Nambour Good Beginnings Programme, and Zonta Club of Blackall Range. For more information. A morning tea for volunteers was used to debrief and to enjoy edible gifts from the parents.
- 2015 Summer Book Sale and Mini Market was held Saturday November 28, 2015 Many people came to socialise on Saturday November 28 and to support our library book sale. The volunteers’ homemade cake stall, as always, was popular and sold out of sweet treats. A number of other stalls included Australian Native Plant Society, Myall Park Botanic Garden and the local artists who have displayed their artwork and gift cards in the library over the year. Other local stall holders included aromatherapy, beading and honey, which added to the ambience of the morning.Most people stopped to enjoy a cup of tea or coffee, or the barbecue brunch from the Maleny Lions Club barbecue.Thank you to everybody who contributed and who came along to make the morning a success. The library raised over a thousand dollars towards general funds.
- Mapleton Memories An evening co-ordinated by Mary Walker was held at the Library in September to celebrate our community. Read speakers’ talks on our Mapleton Memories page.