RECENT EVENTS – 2018A well supported (despite it being a Tuesday) Sausage Sizzle held at Bunnings on 7 August 2018.
A successful Trivia Evening was recently held at the Bowls Club on Friday 20 July to raise funds for the Library.
- ‘Lover of Books‘ 14 February 5:30pm Wednesday.
- Liqueurs by Lamplight: Sip liqueurs on the verandah with John and Mary King of Rainforest Liqueurs. A very successful evening with lots of taste testing!
- Winter Book Sale: Following a cold morning start, our winter book sale was a great success with many visitors taking away bags and bags of books. Happy reading! Thank you everyone for your continued support.
- Trivia with a Twist: We are getting a great reputation for running our black Friday Trivia nights, and this one was no exception. We added a special twist to the normal trivia night which added lots of fun and conversation! See you at the next one!
- Valentine’s Day Lovers of Books Successful Event: Thank you to all those who came along to our ‘Lovers of Books’ evening on the deck on Sunday 14th February. About sixty people enjoyed a social moonlit evening of author talks and delicious refreshments. We look forward to planning next year’s event.
- Sizzling Sausages at Bunnings Hardware, Maroochydore: A most successful fund raiser was held at the end of January, raising over $1,900. Thank you to the volunteers who organised the barbecue and worked hard to feed the hungry customers.
- Fund Raising Blackall Range Colouring Book ‘Range of Colours’ colouring book Blackall Range Visual Artists group and other local artists have produced a Colouring Book to raise funds for community organisations including the Library. Original sketches include a wide ranging selection of floura and fauna to scenes from a rodeo, guaranteed to please all the family. Support your library for just $12 each. Postcards to colour are also available for just 50 cents each.
2015 Multi Draw Christmas Raffle Thanks to all who supported our Christmas raffle. This the largest amount ever raised in a library raffle, $700! Mapleton Memories pages.
Volunteer Morning TeaOn Tuesday November 10 twenty-or-so volunteers enjoyed a morning tea at Secrets on the Lake at Montville. It was a good opportunity for newer volunteers to meet others and for all to spend a relaxing time socialising and getting to know one another better.
Art Exhibition SpaceLynne Begbie is the local pastel artist who booked our space in September-October. Thank you to Barbara Willcocks, for her display in August, which included beautiful felted scarves. ‘Preparing for Prep’ free workshops 2015 workshops were well supported. The Library was the venue, working together with Mapleton State School, The Range Community Kindergarten, Nambour Good Beginnings Programme, and Zonta Club of Blackall Range. For more information.
A morning tea for volunteers was used to debrief and to enjoy edible gifts from the parents. Mapleton Memories An evening co-ordinated by Mary Walker was held at the Library in September to celebrate our community. Read speakers’ talks on our Mapleton Memories page. Father’s Day Raffle Drawn on 5th September at 11am. Two prizes were a wine rack with a bottle of wine and a bottle of ‘champers’, or a wheeled travel case with men’s toiletries.
Art Exhibition August-September.The next artist on display is Barbara Willcocks, a local talented resident. Please come in from the 8th August to see Barbara’s work and support our local artists. Mother’s Day Raffle Thank you to those who supported this raffle for an exceptional Royal Doulton collector’s fugurine. Saturday May 30 Book Sale and market stalls was a successful fundraiser. Thank you everyone who donated books in excellent condition. Our newest stalls were the children’s book marquee and Collectors Corner, both well patronised, as was our volunteers’ cake and sweet stall. Maleny Blackall Range Lions Club Inc. took care to prepare delicious barbecued meals and a selection of market stalls added colour to the day. Trivia evening with three raffles, on 17 April, held at the Mapleton Bowls Club was very well attended: Thank you to everyone, volunteers and participants, who made it an enjoyable evening. Photographer Hank Wade was featured in the library exhibition space from 29 April. Easter Raffle was well supported thank you. Artist Dr Nita C Lester exhibited her botanical art and photography at Maroochy Bushland Botanic Gardens until 19th April, between 10am to 2pm daily. Library volunteers catered for the exhibition opening on Friday 3 April. Microsoft Publisher Computer Training A grant from the Nambour RSL enabled the library to purchase Microsoft Publisher programs. A training day was held at the end of March. Bingo was held on 5 March. Small numbers but fun for all and profit for the Library. Thank you to all supporters and to the Mapleton Bowls Club for providing the bar. Photographic artist Margaret Lipscombe display was successful. Our Valentines Day Book Lovers on Saturday February 14 was a most enjoyable and successful evening with more than sixty library ‘lovers’ and supporters attending. Thank you to all who attended and all our dedicated volunteers who contributed to make it such a good evening. We are planning to make this an annual event. 2014 Events Christmas Wheelbarrow Raffle – very successful – raising over $700. Thank you to all community members and local businesses for your generous donations. The Wheelbarrow was overflowing. The winner was one of the Library volunteers. December 6 Book Sale and market at the Library raised around $1,600. Thank you to all involved and to our Library supporters in the community. Thank You to the Lions Dinner November 19 was held at the home of our Convenor and her husband. Around fifty dinner guests enjoyed a delicious meal and social evening. Lions and Bowls Dinner on 22 April was an especially enjoyable evening. Over $750 raised. Thank you everyone. Valentine’s Day Book Lovers Evening on February 14 was held on the deck at the library from 5.30 to 8pm. Refreshments and local author speakers were enjoyed. Sausage Sizzle March 22 IGA Mapleton from 9am to 1pm was successful. Thank you everyone for your support and to the staff and owners of the Mapleton IGA. Bookloft Programme for Children. See the newsletter for details and times. This will not be continuing in 2015. 2013 Events Sausage Sizzle at Mapleton IGA 26 October, another successful day. Thank you everyone for your generosity: Especially to the Lions members and to the IGA owners and staff. Valentine’s Day 2013 ‘Book Lovers’ Party on Valentine’s Day’ was a fine evening in many respects. Over forty enthusiastic readers and writers attended. Trivia nights The trivia night held at the Community Hall will be in aid of the Library was successful. Thank you to all those who supported this evening.