DVD collection is now over 480 – classics, modern, fiction and nonfiction. Adult and children.
The Library stocks over 11,000 books in the following categories:
- Childrens books
- Young adult books
- Adult fiction and non fiction books
- Large print books
- Magazines for adults and children
- Audiobooks …. and much more
MAPLETON COMMUNITY LIBRARY e-CATALOGUE
The Mapleton Community Library e-Catalogue can be viewed at the library and can also be accessed from home or on your mobile at Mapleton e-Catalogue
New resources are added to the library throughout the year and can be found in the New Resources Section of the Library, where they remain for 3 months.
Please note that new resources cannot be renewed until they are no longer classified as ‘new’.
The Mapleton Community Library offers the following services in addition to making its resources available for loan to its members:
- Book covering, laminating, printing and photocopying (subject to a fee)
- Internet – subject to a fee, but free if using your own device
- A computer for personal use at the library (subject to a fee)
- Justice of the Peace service – available at the library on Monday mornings 8.30am to 11:30am and Thursday morning without appointment from 9am to 11am or by appointment. Please contact the Library during library hours for further information (07 5445 7182)
- Computer lessons – please contact the library for further information
- Books for sale – there is a small dedicated section of the Library, the Everyday Bookshop, where good quality books are offered for sale for just a few dollars each. All monies raised from these sales go towards the upkeep of the Library
- Library News Letter – monthly updates on events and new resources at the Library
- Children’s storytelling on the first Saturday morning of each month at 10.30am
- Children’s art classes, craft and puzzle mornings
Various displays are showcased in the Library during the year. These include:
- Artist of the month exhibitions by local artists
- Author/Topic of the month highlighting a theme or topic or author of the month in the Library
- The Community Interest display is on the end panel of the new book section and changes often
Various fund-raising events are held by the Library throughout the year in order to raise the much needed funds to help keep the Library operating. These events include:
- Book Sales and mini markets held in June and December
- Social and community events such as Lover’s of Books, Trivia evenings, talks
Refer to the Events page for details of all forthcoming events.