- 2017 Summer Book sale and mini market – 2nd December
Book Sale 5th August at the Hall, very successful
- 2016 Summer Book Sale and Mini Market – Held on Saturday 19th November at 8am till 1pm. Another great sale. 11 stalls. Tasty Breakfast-Lunch Lions. Cakewalk Cafe – gollys, baked goodies, gerberas and native plants and much more.
- 2016 Winter Book Sale – 25 June. The event was very successful – thank you to everyone for making it such a success.
- 2015 Summer Book Sale and Mini Market, held Saturday November 28, 2015
Many people came to socialise on Saturday November 28 and to support our library book sale. The volunteers’ homemade cake stall, as always, was popular and sold out of sweet treats.
A number of other stalls included Australian Native Plant Society, Myall Park Botanic Garden and the local artists who have displayed their artwork and gift cards in the library over the year. Other local stall holders included aromatherapy, beading and honey, which added to the ambience of the morning.
Most people stopped to enjoy a cup of tea or coffee, or the barbecue brunch from the Maleny Lions Club barbecue.
Thank you to everybody who contributed and who came along to make the morning a success. The library raised over a thousand dollars towards general funds.
Book Sales are held winter and summer.
Quality books are offered for sale on the Library deck. Books which are no longer required for the collection, along with donated books, are sold in order to add to Library funds.
- Everyday Book Shop. Looking to buy a book or magazine? We have a small selection of best quality titles on sale every day.
- Collectible and Special Interest Items. A selection of collectible fiction and non fiction is also available in our Collectors’ Corner. These also make great gifts for book lovers.
At the half yearly Book Sale on the deck, fill a library bag of reading material for just $10. Support the volunteers’ cake and sweet stall. Enjoy barbecue brunch by Maleny Blackall Range Lions Club Inc. and sit with friends for tea or coffee. Catch up with friends and get to know the neighbours. All while you keep an eye out for special interest and old collectible books on the Collectors Corner stall.
A market atmosphere is created by mainly local stall holders with a range of products, which previously have included native plants, honey, beading, jewellery and essential oil skin care.
Book Sale Everyday at the Library.
For those who miss the big sale and the market days, a selection of the best unsold books is available in our Everyday Book Sale at the Library.
Donations of used books in excellent condition are received all year round, and gratefully accepted.
Clean quality books which you would be happy to buy for yourself, your children and friends, are appreciated for inclusion into the general collection, or to help us raise funds. Bring donations into the Library during opening hours and please remember that mouldy and dilapidated items are not wanted by anybody: Unless they are rare!
Or Contact Us